Forsyth and Cherokee County Parenting Seminar Information: July 2011
Under Georgia law, both parties in a divorce are required to attend a parenting seminar in Georgia if the parties have children under the age of 18. See Uniform Superior Court Rule 24.8. Forsyth County (Cumming) and Cherokee County (Ball Ground, Canton, and Woodstock) are part of the 9th judicial district. The July 2011 parenting seminar schedule for the 9th judicial district is as follows:
• Gainesville (New Hall County Courthouse, 225 Green Street SE) – Thursday, July 7 5:00pm – 9:00pm; Thursday, July 21 5:00pm – 9:00pm
• Canton (RT Jones Memorial Library, 116 Brown Industrial Parkway) – Saturday, July 9 10:00am – 2:00pm
• Clarkesville (North GA Technical College, 1500 Hwy. 197 North) – Wednesday, July 13 1:00pm – 5:00pm
• Cumming (Central Park Recreation Center, 2300 Keith Bridge Road) – Saturday, July 23 10:00am – 2:00pm
• Ellijay (Gilmer County Library, 268 Calvin Jackson Drive) – Monday, July 25 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Dates for August and September will be forthcoming. The cost of the seminar is currently $50.00 per person. There is no pre-registration, but you must pay with money order. You can find additional information about these seminars at 9th Judicial Office of Alternative Dispute Resolution website.