Forsyth and Cherokee County Parenting Seminar Information: August - September 2011
Under Georgia law, both parties in a divorce are required to attend a parenting seminar in Georgia if the parties have children under the age of 18. See Uniform Superior Court Rule 24.8. Forsyth County (Cumming) and Cherokee County (Ball Ground, Canton, and Woodstock) are part of the 9th judicial district. The August – September 2011 parenting seminar schedule for the 9th judicial district is as follows:
• Gainesville (New Hall County Courthouse, 225 Green Street SE) – Thursday, August 4, 5:00pm – 9:00pm; Thursday, August 18, 5:00pm – 9:00pm; Thursday, September 1, 5:00pm – 9:00pm; Thursday, September 15, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
• Canton (RT Jones Memorial Library, 116 Brown Industrial Parkway) – Saturday, August 13, 10:00am – 2:00pm; Saturday, September 10, 10:00am – 2:00pm
• Clarkesville (North GA Technical College, 1500 Hwy. 197 North) – Wednesday, August 10, 1:00pm – 5:00pm; Wednesday, September 14, 1:00pm – 5:00pm
• Cumming (Hampton Park Library, 5345 Settingdown Road) – Saturday, August 20, 1:00pm – 5:00pm; Saturday, September 17, 1:00pm – 5:00pm
• Ellijay (Gilmer County Library, 268 Calvin Jackson Drive) – Monday, August 8, 1:00pm – 5:00pm; Monday, September 12, 1:00pm – 5:00pm
The cost of the seminar is currently $50.00 per person. There is no pre-registration, but you must pay with money order. You can find additional information about these seminars at 9th Judicial Office of Alternative Dispute Resolution website.